Sports and Activities Manager
Sports and Activities Manager
We have carefully handpicked our sports and activities team because they are passionate about fitness, wellness and making a real difference to people’s health and happiness. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Sports and Activities Manager with a similar outlook, to join us and lead this brilliant team.
As Sports and Activities Manager your role is to ensure that The West Bay Club is an exciting and vibrant venue with a full, on trend programme of interactive fitness, sports, and kids programmes, all delivered to the highest professional standards. This will be achieved through inspirational leadership, creating a fun, high achieving and energetic atmosphere to attract and retain the highest calibre sports team. This role is responsible for the management of all activities, internal and external instructors, to ensure maximum participation and revenue generation is achieved whilst ensuring costs are controlled.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Create a welcoming, energetic and vibrant atmosphere for your team, our guests and members, offering the highest levels of customer service.
- Be active in leading and managing your team, ensuring everyone is motivated, developing and doing a great job.
- Research new sports and fitness trends, designing and delivering new classes and activities to delight our existing customers and to encourage new members to join.
- Develop the timetables and rosters to ensure maximum availability for our guests and members whilst being fair to the team.
- Help to grow the business through maximising revenue, developing and managing budgets, controlling costs.
- Ensure all areas of The Club are presented and maintained in line with Company brand guidelines and to the highest Health and Safety standards.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Significant experience and a successful track record in a similar role within the family holiday and/or hospitality sector.
- Experience in delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of sports classes, activities and trends and the ability to understand what is appropriate for The West Bay Club & Spa.
- You will have personal presence, be well presented and have the ability to create an inspiring environment for our team, guests and members. An excellent communicator.
- Significant experience of successfully managing, motivating and developing a large team.
- Experience of building and working to budgets; developing plans to increase revenue and reduce costs without impacting service.
- Strong organisation and IT office skills.
- Energetic, highly motivated and positive, can-do approach.
- Sport coaching and a trainer qualification will be an advantage.
- You will be First Aid at work qualified and Health & Safety trained.
A highly attractive, industry competitive salary package is available for the right person along with development opportunities and a fantastic working environment in Yarmouth, a short ferry ride from Lymington.
As usual in the hospitality industry, applicants must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends as per the rota.
To apply or for an informal chat about the role, please email your CV and covering letter including your current salary to HR@westbayclub.co.uk
The West Bay Club & Spa is an equal opportunities employer.
The closing date for applications is Monday 8th May 2017